Google

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Chuck: Chuck Versus The Helicopter

ORIGINAL EPISODES, MONDAYS @ 8PM ON NBC

Well, well we're finally back with the "Chuck" reviews. It's been a while since my review of the pilot episode and it's certainly nice to be back with our good old friend from the Nerd Herd, Chuck Bartowski. After watching the second episode I realize exactly where this show fits in to the grand scheme of television watching. Basically, the only way to enjoy watching this show is if you take it for what it is, a light-hearted dramedy about a guy who unknowingly downloads all the U.S. government's secrets into his brain and has to work with two government agents to stop terrorists. The truth is that if you think about the premise of the show you almost want to laugh at how absurd it sounds; I know I do. But I realized that if you're not expecting a show that takes itself seriously and you watch it just for the fun of it then the show is actually very enjoyable. If you believe this then last night's episode was great.

Chuck is really starting to embrace his new life and dive right into the secret agent lifestyle. Well, okay, not really. But it's funny watching him run around trying to handle everything that's happening. When a government doctor gets blown up, Chuck has to decide who's trying to kill him, Sarah (CIA) or Casey (NSA). The comedic humor as he goes back and forth between who he thinks it is was actually very funny. I even found myself laughing out loud during the dinner party Chuck's sister, Ellie, put together to meet Chuck new girlfriend (well fake girlfriend for the cover), Sarah. Unfortunately for Chuck, he starts thinking Sarah is the double agent and is trying to poisen everyone with her soufle. As it turns out, Chuck should be worrying about Casey instead.

Underlying everything in the episode was Chuck's developing feelings towards Sarah. You can tell he really is falling for her. It could be a while until anything happens though since she's clearly not over Bryce and Chuck kind of pissed her off when he thought she wanted to killed him. Her new cover as the Weinerlicious lady next to Buy More is hilarious! I also love how the high school kids keep going in and out of the store because they want to see her in the low cut short and short skirt. This is definitely something I could see my friends doing back in high school.

Before I go, I have to give a shout out to Sarah Lancaster. I'm so happy she's in this show. She's a great actress but hasn't really gotten that big break just yet. She keeps bouncing between different shows that I've watched over the years (Everwood for one) but hasn't landed anything permanent just yet. Anyway, see you all next week and keep the comments coming.

No comments: