Google

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Hills: A Night At The Opera

ORIGINAL EPISODES, MONDAYS @ 10PM ON MTV

It's the female Pratt! I was actually pretty shocked to see her show up after all this time but I guess it made sense that she would finally make an appearance; the only thing better than one Pratt is a second. If I didn't know Spencer I would have been more upset at Stephanie's confrontation in the club but knowing her brother I couldn't help but laugh. Their parent's must have done something terrible to these kids. I can't think of any way that these two could grow up so equally messed up unless the parents fed them cocaine as babies or are the two worst people to ever walk the planet. If I were their parents I would be utterly embarrassed watching these kids on television. Then again, if they're anything like Spencer and Stephanie they either don't care or think they are the normals ones and everyone else is crazy.
If anyone could tell me what in the world must have gone through Stephanie's head to walk up to Brody and tell him he's leaving with her right now, I would be very appreciative. It makes absolutely no sense for her to have done that. Even if she feels like Lauren is in the wrong with everyone, which clearly she does, why would she take Brody away? Is she her brothers keeper and protector? I think it's hilarious that she has to fight Spencer's battles. Pretty sad for him actually. Then on top of that she starts a verbal fight with Lauren in the middle of the club?! She needs to stop fighting her brothers battles and worry about herself. Stephanie ended up looking like a complete and utter moron; what a way to make your debut.

If that wasn't enough she then meets up with Spencer and Heidi, telling them all about the scene at the club. Was it me or did Heidi look like maybe she was concerned about Lauren? I thought I saw a bit of concern for a moment which might explain some of the fighting with Spencer lately. It might be possible that she's finally starting to see that the way she's been acting was totally wrong and that Spencer's influence was a big reason for that. Anyway, did you all catch Stephanie's comment about how she's never seen two people so in love? Did I miss something the last two years? Because I've seen many, many, many people more in the love than these two. In fact, I don't even think they are in love. I found this comment very funny and really destroyed her credibility from that point on; not that it wasn't destroyed after the club scene anyway.

Oh and before I move on, can you believe Stephanie wanted to marry Speidi?! She went online and got ordained. Apparently, she thought this would be a great idea even though Heidi wanted a traditional wedding with a minister. Totally ridiculous! Even more, she looked shocked when Heidi said no. Too funny; I can't believe this family. She's lucky Heidi didn't return the ring and leave right then.

Speaking of ridiculous people, I have to say that although I like Audrina, the girl needs to grow up. She typifies the attitudes of so many women out there and I don't get it. Why does she expect so much from a guy who clearly could never live up to any expectations whatsoever? It's not like he ever seemed as though he could be a good guy and a caring boyfriend. For god sake he ditched her in Vegas once! If someone could explain why women see bad guys as good guys I would also be grateful. Justin is a loser and always has been so when Audrina keeps letting him get away with stuff and is then shocked when he kisses someone else in front of her, it makes no sense to me whatsoever. At least she grew some cajones and ditched him once and for all.

This was a very dramatic episode and I think we're starting to see Speidi fall apart. These two were never meant to be together and maybe Heidi is finally starting to realize that. Granted her learning curve is about two years slower than the rest of us but hey, better late than never right? Next week should be very enlightening and I can't wait to see what happens. Only two episodes left in what should be the third and final season of our beloved show. Until next week, enjoy the review!

No comments: